Hey Creator –
With 2021 now here, we are excited to let you know about the new benefits for you at REC as we kickoff Season 3!
Membership Updates for Season 3 (January - June 2021):
💡 4 New Trainings
- 2 Studio Trainings (Intro to Pro Tools, Mixing & Tracking 101)
- 2 Agency Trainings (Creating an LLC, Getting Booked)
📚 Education Tab
- New section on App for REC’s Educational Resources.
- REC’s entire (Un)Common Sense Curriculum broken down chapter by chapter.
- On-Demand Content & Media Archive from all of REC’s events & workshops.
- New downloadable business templates (Budgeting Sheets, EPK, Contracts).
💻 REC “Live” Tab:
- New section on App for Members to livestream all of REC’s major events.
🔌 New Plugins in Recording Studios
- Izotope Vinyl
- FL Studio Suite
- Waves WLM Meter Plus
🎨 Design Studio Improvements
- Added Drying Rack
- Installed Portable Sink for Brushes
- Updated Paint & Supplies inventory
🤝 Partnerships & Member-Exclusive Perks
- Adobe — Giveaways of Adobe Creative Cloud licenses
- WXPN — Powering the Podcast Studio & Grant Opportunities
- Live Nation — Booking Opportunities at their venues throughout 2021
- Blick Arts — 15% off in-store purchases
- WSFS — Powering Collab Room & Educational Office Hours
- Expressway Cinema Rentals — Retail Offerings + 30% off rentals
- Urban Outfitters — Educational Office Hours + sponsored memberships
- Federal Donuts — 15% off at East Market location
- goPuff – $20 off first-time users
- Ballard Spahr – Powering Collab Room & Educational Office Hours
- Ernst & Young – Access to Entrepreneur Access Network
- Roland, Shure, SSL – Equipment Upgrades in space
In the summer of 2020, REC launched “REC Relief” to support the creative community during some of the most challenging times in recent history.
REC Relief provided funding opportunities in the form of grants and sponsored REC memberships to help ensure artists had the necessary resources they needed.
We are proud to start 2021 by launching REC Relief Part 2. More grants, more sponsored Memberships, all from our community partners.
- Black Music City recognizes and honors the influence of Philadelphia Black music history and is a collaboration between Philadelphia public music radio stations WXPN-FM and WRTI-FM and REC Philly.
- $30,000 worth of grants to Black Creators
- WXPN & WRTI
We can’t wait to get back to creating with you in Season 3 & reopen on February 1!
Be on the lookout for more information about REC’s reopening as we work with the City to ensure a smooth and safe reopening for everyone.